Monday, December 31, 2007

Flashbacks n thoughts of the very last day

hmm... finally...

The last day of the year.

Time passes us by so fast sometimes we don't even know it had just slyly slipped away. We only realise it when we OCCASIONALLY sit down and think about it. And that's if we DO take some time to think about it.

This has been a very meaningful year for me. Many things happened this year, which i would never ever trade for any other as it has given me a different outlook and experience. Let me recap.
I've been disappointed, backstabbed, heartbroken, broken down, injured physically, suicidal, wasted at some point...but there were also the good things behind the bad...I've competed in Japan representing Malaysia in cheerleading, fell so deeply in love with my passion-Dance, learnt from fantastic teachers, gotten into Dean's list (YAY!), did ballroom dance classes, discovered and gotten close with bunch of very very wonderful friends (u know who u are :D), and most of all, SURVIVE all that i've been through this year.

I'm pretty happy about all that i'm able to achieve this year, so i shall aim a little bit more next year. I personally don't believe in resolutions, because there's a tendency to break or forget them. Instead, i call them GOALS. You can't break or forget a goal, u may just only miss it if u don't score ;)

yeah... so
Goals for 2008

  1. Improve grades.
  2. Save more money. Make more money.
  3. Sleep early.
  4. Learn something outside of uni. (e.g latin ballroom/vocal lessons/new language etc)
  5. Less junk n fast food (only once every two weeks, suppression period in between shall gradually increase)
  6. Read more books. My gramatical errors will soon pile up and drown the world wide web. so...Get nerdy,babeh!
  7. Allow myself at least 2 holidays on my own expense with people i heart. That's why i need to always refer to GOAL No.2
  8. Go overseas at least once, just to learn/check out/experience anything related to dance, arts or cheerleading. That's why i ALSO need to always refer to GOAL No.2.

I admit i still need to improve in many many things, but i know for sure that i've learnt and grew up a bit compared to the year before. I'm happy the way things are now, just because...

  • i have food, WARM FOOD, waiting on the table at home when i come back (I love my folks, really)
  • i have clothes on my back (although going commando only invites u to be raped, killed and have cucumbers/brinjals/banana/cylindrical objects shoved into your u-know-where)
  • i have a home to go back to, a room on my own.
  • i have a shoulder to cry on, anywhere, anytime.
  • i have a study course n future career that can continually make me smile when i think about it. It is a big thing when u love ur job n don't feel that waking up in the morning for work is a chore. Really, just ask any working person.
  • i have people around me who loves me :)

And based on the reason, i just simply have reason to live. So come what may to 2008! Happy new year everybody! May the next year be a better year for improvement, achievement and contentment.

Have a wonderful holiday before the first working day of the year :)

sorry...i know i'm such a killjoy

til then

1 comment:

*YenN* said...

Happy New year Darling Choo!!!

i don't seek them, they find me.