Wednesday, September 12, 2007

turning 20

Just the other day, me n "so-called-bestie", CW had a convo that goes like this...

CW: *takes out organizer n flipping thru the pages* hmm... let's see what's on September... *pointing at the dates* hmm... 12th of this month looks quite free, only got PTUM practice right?

Me: err... ya, cause we can't make it to cheer practice mar.

CW: ...but hor.. this date looks familiar.. i remember got something on wan... *ponders for awhile*

Me: What do u think?

CW: erm... are we suppose to be at some party or farewell like that? *scratch head*

Me: nope... think again...

CW: ... er... I dunno la... *thinks hard for quite some time* .... ei, what is it ar?

Me: I was born 20 years ago. (o.O)

CW: OHHHHH I SEEEEEEEEEE! sorry ya, don't remember... hahaha

Me: (-_______________-)"

So much for being friends for more than 11 years...

I think i'm seriously getting old...
When i was younger, birthdays are anticipated cause there will be presents :D the more people know, the better, cause will get more presents.... wtf -_-"

Now, (not that i'm not anticipating presents, it is still very much welcome, haha...) i would look at it in a different light. I think birthdays are much more meaningful if it's celebrated among close-knit friends and family. It's something personal, cause it's like celebrating your life (so far) with the people who meant something to you as much as u meant to them.

My expectations towards life has changed, as compared to before. There are somethings which are really not worth the fuss&wuss for, whereas, it's truly the little things that count. Life, in general, so far, has taught me that i'm worth EVERY single bit of respect and self-love. I'm much happier now :D

Sorry no offense, but i really don't get the idea of throwing a gigantic-birthday-bash-the-size-of-a-whale in club/disco/pub/resort/watever which involves 123894569497050302049 people and there's only a handful that u can consider as the ones who truly love u for who u are.

I would very much prefer a pig-out session with a bunch of close friends then sleep in for the rest of the day. hehe (says the tru-blu lazybone)

I'm not condemning but i just don't get it, no, i really don't...

I'm not saying that i have many friends, but i am able to tell the whole world that my handful of friends love me for who i am. I'm thankful that the friends that i've made so far have been supportive of what i do. (Honestly, who gives a damn about people who don't give a damn about u right?) I'm also thankful for having really supportive parents and a brother who loved me more than i can ever repay them. Not that i'm easily contented, but i've worked really really hard for whatever i've achieved so far. Despite my own flaws and shortcomings, i'm thankful to have come this far and still continue to strive in WHATEVER i do.

For that, i'm truly blessed.

CW, EC, KH&LY, Al&SH, Liang, Jon, CK... thanx, loved the roti tisu, n thanx again for announcing to the public of my personal information... *sayang u guys*

Happy Birthday to me~

til then.

No comments:

i don't seek them, they find me.