Sunday, March 16, 2008

friends

Friends.
They may not be the MOST IMPORTANT thing in the world, they may be less important to some people as compared to family, education, and to some extent, romantic relationships, but in the midst of pursuing these other "more important" things, the little things like support and encouragement from friends matters a lot. And most of the time, it's the littlest things that matter.

Ever since i was younger, i was never the most popular girl in school, i'm neither a social butterfly. But i can bravely tell u, that even though i only have a small circle of friends, they are one of the truest, lovable-est(if there's such a word), understanding, honest, most supportive kind of friends that anyone can ever have. *u know who u all are*

My social style stays the same even when i'm in university now. I don't have too many friends, but the people that i'm close with are the ones i can trust with my innermost secrets, that which i kept fiercely of theirs. I'm actually a pretty private person when it comes to personal stuff. (Hello, having a widely public blog doesn't mean everything u see here is what i really am.) And i'm very protective towards my friends.

Because...
I know they will do the same for me, ALL OF THEM.

Some idiot once commented that i was being bitchy and unfriendly, cause i chose my friends carefully. Like hello? where's the brain?? Of course i have to be careful with who i'm mingling with! I won't let anybody step all over me, and i will DEFINITELY cut u off if u try to be funny with my life. Siao turtle!! YOu say la... WHERE GOT PEOPLE SIMPLY MAKE FRIENDS WITH EVERY TOM DICK N HARRY ONE?? I AM NOT MOTHER THERESA AND I DON'T HAVE TO BE FRIENDLY WITH PEOPLE I'M NOT COMFORTABLE WITH!!

Phew...~

And now, i'm pretty much living a happy life, because i have good friends that are good people around me. I'm just so lucky that i'm blessed with such wonderful friends around me. It's very comforting to know when other things is life gets too shitty to handle.

In the end, it doesn't really matter how much friends u have, it is how much they meant to u.
And most importantly, if they do catch u when u fall, will u do the same for them?

til then.

No comments:

i don't seek them, they find me.